External Advocate is an independent advocate who provides assistance and support to individuals receiving services at a state operated mental health facility. The open position is located at Danville State Hospital in Danville, PA. Position entails the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the fundamental rights of the individual receiving services in the state operated facility.
- Help individuals and their families with questions, concerns, and complaints regarding hospital care and treatment.
- Help resolve concerns and complaints.
- Work with individuals and others, including local/regional mental health offices and county providers, to facilitate community living.
- Refer individuals to an attorney or agency that provides legal advocacy.
- Assist with questions about benefit programs and concerns regarding employment.
- Provide technical assistance and education regarding rights to individuals, their families and the hospital staff.
- The position is full time but two individuals sharing the position and responsibilities would also be considered.
Ideal candidate will have advocacy experience, knowledge about the PA mental health system, reporting, organizational and data entry skills. A college degree or a combination of education and experience is required. We are an affirmative action employer – individuals of color, women and those with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Subject Line: External Advocate Search
Or Mail to:
External Advocate Search
1414 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103